Martin Biberger, Lead Engineer Electrics and Machine Safety in our development team and our specialist for electrical equipment of injection molding machines also for safety-relevant aspects at the Hurricane, is now a certified machine safety expert (ZMSE). The certification covers, among other things, the safe mechanical, electrical and fluid engineering design of machines and systems as well as their safe conversion.
Why is this important?
Machines and systems are becoming increasingly complex and should be safe for their users to operate. Preventing accidents begins therefore with the design of a machine. The requirements of designers as well as operators must be coordinated at an early stage so that cost-effective safety concepts can be developed.
Because we place the highest importance on the topic of machine safety in the development of our own Hurricane injection molding machine, Martin provided this training and thus professional development focused on a proactive approach to the topic. This also gives us the ability to meet customer needs by considering regulatory requirements from the design phase through implementation.
Key areas of training included:
- Approach from risk assessment to the creation of safety concepts and the correct commissioning of machines and systems
- Lead projects from risk assessment to security upgrade and implementation.
- Understanding of requirements that must be met in the specification, design, engineering or commissioning of machines
- Expand technical know-how in special areas such as mechanics, pneumatics, electrics and hydraulics, as well as legal issues
- Design of functional safety systems according to EN ISO 13849-1
Congratulations to Martin for being recognized as a Certified Machine Safety Expert (ZMSE).